1. Hamidnia L, Nematy M, Salari R, Taghipour A, Motavasselian M. Comparing the efficacy of therapeutic packages in Persian Medicine with Classical Medicine in overweight patients: a randomized clinical trial. Electronic physician. 2018;10(6):6892.
2. Omidifar A, Toolabi K, Rahimipour A, Emamgholipour S, Shanaki M. The gene expression of CTRP12 but not CTRP13 is upregulated in both visceral and subcutaneous adipose tissue of obese subjects. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. 2019;13(4):2593-9.
3. Rahmatollahi M, Ravasi A, Soori R. Effect of 8 Weeks of Low-Intensity Continuous Training on Plasma Adipolin, Insulin Resistance, and Weight of Fatty Fat-Filled Rats. Adv Obes Weight Manag Control. 2017;7(5):00211.
4. Ouchi N, Parker JL, Lugus JJ, Walsh K. Adipokines in inflammation and metabolic disease. Nature Reviews Immunology. 2011;11(2):85-97.
5. Lee P, Linderman JD, Smith S, Brychta RJ, Wang J, Idelson C, et al. Irisin and FGF21 are cold-induced endocrine activators of brown fat function in humans. Cell metabolism. 2014;19(2):302-9.
6. Norheim F, Langleite TM, Hjorth M, Holen T, Kielland A, Stadheim HK, et al. The effects of acute and chronic exercise on PGC‐1α, irisin and browning of subcutaneous adipose tissue in humans. FEBS Journal. 2014;281(3):739-49.
7. Yoneshiro T, Saito M. Activation and recruitment of brown adipose tissue as anti-obesity regimens in humans. Annals of medicine. 2015;47(2):133-41.
8. Boström P, Wu J, Jedrychowski MP, Korde A, Ye L, Lo JC, et al. A PGC1-[agr]-dependent myokine that drives brown-fat-like development of white fat and thermogenesis. Nature. 2012;481(7382):463-8.
9. Huh JY, Panagiotou G, Mougios V, Brinkoetter M, Vamvini MT, Schneider BE, et al. FNDC5 and irisin in humans: I. Predictors of circulating concentrations in serum and plasma and II. mRNA expression and circulating concentrations in response to weight loss and exercise. Metabolism. 2012;61(12):1725-38.
10. Pourahmadi M, Jahromi H, Rooeintan Y. The effect of aqueous extract of caraway seed (Carum carvi) on cholecystokinin hormone in male rat. Journal of Fundamental and Applied Sciences. 2016;8(4):2023-35.
11. Keating SE, Hackett DA, Parker HM, O’Connor HT, Gerofi JA, Sainsbury A, et al. Effect of aerobic exercise training dose on liver fat and visceral adiposity. Journal of hepatology. 2015;63(1):174-82.
12. Campbell SC, Wisniewski PJ, Noji M, McGuinness LR, Häggblom MM, Lightfoot SA, et al. The effect of diet and exercise on intestinal integrity and microbial diversity in mice. PloS one. 2016;11(3). e0150502.
13. Allen JM, Mailing LJ, Niemiro GM, Moore R, Cook MD, White BA, et al. Exercise alters gut microbiota composition and function in lean and obese humans. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2018;50(4):747-57.
14. Cheraghi J, Kimyagar M. The Effects of Hydroalcoholic Borage Extract on Serum Lipid Profile in Mice and Comparison with Lovastatin. scientific journal of ilam university of medical sciences. 2016;24(3):1-9.
15. Kazemipoor M, Hamzah S, Hajifaraji M, Radzi CWJBWM, Cordell GA. Slimming and Appetite‐Suppressing Effects of Caraway Aqueous Extract as a Natural Therapy in Physically Active Women. Phytotherapy Research. 2016;30(6):981-7.
16. Mahboubi M. Caraway as Important Medicinal Plants in Management of Diseases. Natural products and bioprospecting. 2019;9(1):1-11.
17. Erjaee H, Rajaian H, Nazifi S, Chahardahcherik M. The effect of caraway (Carum carvi L.) on the blood antioxidant enzymes and lipid peroxidation in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Comparative Clinical Pathology. 2015;24(5):1197-203.
18. Agrahari P SD. A review on the pharmacological aspects of Carum carvi. Journal of Biology and earth sciences. 2014;4(1):1-13.
19. Haidari F, Seyed-Sadjadi N, Taha-Jalali M, Mohammed-Shahi M. The effect of oral administration of Carum carvi on weight, serum glucose, and lipid profile in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Saudi Med J. 2011;32(7):695-700.
20. Ghorbani S, Alizadeh R, Moradi L. The effect of high intensity interval training along with consumption of caraway seeds (Carum carvi L.) on liver enzymes, lipid profile, and blood glucose in obese and overweight women. 2017.
21. Hariri N, Thibault L. High-fat diet-induced obesity in animal models. Nutrition research reviews. 2010;23(2):270-99.
22. Taherzadeh S, Mogharnasi M, Rasoulian B, Kaeidi A, Khosravi A. The Effect of 6 Weeks Aerobic Training and Aqueous Extract of Caraway Seed (Carum Carvi) on the Expression of CTRP12 Gene, Body Weight Changes and Subcutaneous Adipose Tissue in Obese Male Rats: An Experimental Study. Journal of Rafsanjan University of Medical Sciences. 2020;19(1):39-52.
23. Taherzadeh S, Mogharnasi M, Rasoulian B, Kaeidi A. The Effect of 6 Weeks Aerobic Training and Aqueous Extract of Caraway Seed on serum levels of Adipolin, lipid profile changes in Obese Male Rats. Journal of Sport Biosciences. 2020;12(3):362-74.
24. Hamedifar M, Mirnasouri R, Rahmati M. The Effects of Six Weeks Endurance Training on XBP-1 Protein in the Diabetic Male Wistar Rats Sciatica Tissues. Iranian Journal of Diabetes and Obesity. 2018;10(4):187-93.
25. Reisi J, Rajabi H, Ghaedi K, Marandi S, Asady Samani Z, Kazeminasab F. Effect of eight weeks’ resistance training on plasma irisin protein level and muscle FNDC5 and adipose tissue UCP1 genes expression in male rats. Exercise Physiology. 2015;7(28):30-117.
26. Lu Y, Li H, Shen S-W, Shen Z-H, Xu M, Yang C-J, et al. Swimming exercise increases serum irisin level and reduces body fat mass in high-fat-diet fed Wistar rats. Lipids in health and disease. 2016;15(1):93.
27. Pang M, Yang J, Rao J, Wang H, Zhang J, Wang S, et al. Time-dependent changes in increased levels of plasma irisin and muscle PGC-1α and FNDC5 after exercise in mice. The Tohoku journal of experimental medicine. 2018;244(2):93-103.
28. Norheim F, Langleite TM, Hjorth M, Holen T, Kielland A, Stadheim HK, et al. The effects of acute and chronic exercise on PGC‐1α, irisin and browning of subcutaneous adipose tissue in humans. The FEBS journal. 2014;281(3):739-49.
29. Maillard F, Pereira B, Boisseau N. Effect of high-intensity interval training on total, abdominal and visceral fat mass: a meta-analysis. Sports Medicine. 2018;48(2):269-88.
30. Abdelbasset WK, Tantawy SA, Kamel DM, Alqahtani BA, Soliman GS. A randomized controlled trial on the effectiveness of 8-week high-intensity interval exercise on intrahepatic triglycerides, visceral lipids, and health-related quality of life in diabetic obese patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Medicine. 2019;98(12):e14918.
31. Kazemipoor M, Hajifaraji M, Haerian BS, Mosaddegh MH, Cordell GA. Antiobesity effect of caraway extract on overweight and obese women: a randomized, triple-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2013;2013.
32. Can Baser K. Biological and pharmacological activities of carvacrol and carvacrol bearing essential oils. Current pharmaceutical design. 2008;14(29):3106-19.
33. Kalupahana NS, Claycombe KJ, Moustaid-Moussa N. (n-3) Fatty acids alleviate adipose tissue inflammation and insulin resistance: mechanistic insights. Advances in nutrition. 2011;2(4):304-16.
34. Rayalam S, Della-Fera MA, Baile CA. Phytochemicals and regulation of the adipocyte life cycle. The Journal of nutritional biochemistry. 2008;19(11):717-26.
35. Kazemipoor M, Cordell GA, Sarker MMR, Radzi CwJBWM, Hajifaraji M, En Kiat P. Alternative treatments for weight loss: Safety/risks and effectiveness of anti-obesity medicinal plants. International Journal of Food Properties. 2015;18(9):1942-63.