عنوان مقاله [English]
The rise in plasma levels of FIB (fibrinogen), TNFα (tumor necrosis factor-alpha), IL-6 (Interleukin-6), HCY (homocysteine), and CRP (C-reactive protein) are known to be indexes of risk factors for cardiovascular events. The aim of the present study was to investigate the effect of 8 weeks of an aerobic exercise program on indexes of risk factors for cardiovascular events in inactive obese women. 20 inactive obese women with BMI≥30 kg/m2 were volunteered to take part in this study and were randomly divided into two groups of aerobic and control. The exercise program consisted of 8 weeks, three sessions per week, each session 30 min. with 60-65% MHR. Before and after the exercise protocol, blood samples of both groups (in fasting state) were collected by ELISA method to measure the variables under study. The data were analyzed through paired t test and independent t test (P<0.05). The results revealed that aerobic exercise program significantly decreased HCY (P=0.001), FIB (P=0.001), TNFα (P=0.002), IL-6 (P=0.038), and CRP (P=0.001) in obese women. Also, the results of independent t test indicated a significant difference between aerobic exercise and control groups in research variables (P<0.05). The results showed that a regular and controlled 8-week aerobic exercise program can play an effective role in reducing inflammatory markers of cardiovascular events in obese women.
1. Adamopoulos S, Parissis J, Kroupis C, Georgiadis M, Karatzas D, Karavolias G, et al .(2001). Physical training reduces peripheral markers of inflammation in pationt with chronic heart failure. Eur Heart J; 22: 791-7.
2. Azizi F, Rahmani M, Emami H, et al .(2002). Cardiovascular risk factors in Iranian urban population. Tehran Lipid and Glucose; 47(6): 408-26.
3. Berg AH, Scherer PE .(2005). Adipose tissue, inflammation, and cardiovascular disease. Circ Res;96(9):939-49.
4. Bots ML, Launer LJ, Lindemans J, Hoes AW, Hofman A, Witteman JC, et al .(1999). Homocysteine and short-term risk of myocardial infarction and stroke in the elderly: the Rotterdam Study. Arch Intern Med; 159: 38-44.
5. Cesari M, Penninx BW, Newman AB, et al .(2003). Inflammatory markers and onset of cardiovascular events: Results from the Health ABC study. Circulation; 108(19): 9049-50.
6. Colbert LH, Visser M, Simonsick EM, et al .(2004). Physical activity, exercise, and inflammatory markers in older adults: Findings from the health, aging and body composition Study. J Am Geriatr Soc; 52(7): 1098-104.
7. Flegal KM, Graubard BI, Williamson DF, Gail MH .(2005). Excess deaths associated with underweight, overweight, and obesity. JAMA; 293: 1861-7.
8. Gaeini AA, Dabidi-Roushan VA, Ravasi AA and Joulazadeh T .(2008). Theeffect of a period of intermittent aerobic training on hsCRP in oldrats. Res Sport Sci; 6(19): 39-54.
9. Green DJ .(2009). Is Body Mass Index Really the Best Measure of Obesity in Individuals?. J Am Coll Cardiol,; 53: 526-30.
10. Hagighi A .(2007). Effect of endurance and resistance training on inflammatory cytokines and Insulin resistance in obese men. Harakat Journal,; 13: 47-52
11. Hamedinia MR, Haghighi AH, Ravasi AA .(2009). The effect of aerobic training on inflammatory markers of cardiovascular disease risk in obese men. World J Sport Sci;2(1):07-12.
13. Helfand M, Buckley D, Freeman M, Rongwei Fu, Rogers K, Fleming C, Humphrey L .(2009). Emerging Risk Factors for Coronary Heart Disease: A Summary of Systematic Reviews Conducted for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Annals of Internal Medicine: 151(7):496-507
14. Hilberg T, Gläser D, Reckhart C, Prasa D, Stürzebecher J, Gabriel HH.(2003). Blood coagulation and fibrinolysis after long duration treadmill exercise controlled by individual anaerobic threshold. European J Appl Physiol; 90: 639-42.
15. Jousilhti P, Vartiainen E, Tuomilehto J .(1999). Diabetes mellitus sex, age, cardiovascular risk factor, and coronary heart disease: A prospective follow-up study of 14,786 middle–aged men and women in Finland. Circulation; 99(9): 1165-1172.
16. Kasapis C, Thompson PD .(2005). The effects of physical activity on serum C-reactive protein and inflammatory markers: A systematic review. J Am Coll Cardiol; 45(10): 1563-9.
17. King DE, Carek P, Mainous AG and Pearson WS .(2003). Inflammatory markers and exercise: differencesrelated to exercise type. Med Sci Sports Exerc; 35: 575- 81.
18. Kuo HK, Yen CJ, Bean JF.(2005). Levels of homocysteine are inversely associated with cardiovascular fitness in women, but not in men: data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 1999-2002. J Intern Med.; 258(4):328-35.
19. Li.L T , M Gleeson (2004). The effect of single and repeated bouts of prolonged cycling on leukocyte redistribution, Neutrofil degranulation, IL-6 and plasma stress hormone responses. Int J sport Nut and exerc Metab, 14: 501-516.
20. Meade TW, Mellows S, Brozovic M, Miller GJ, Chakrabarti RR, North WR, Haines AP, Stirling Y, Imeson JD, Thompson SG. (1986). Haemostatic function and ischaemic heart disease: principal results of the Northwick Park Heart Study. Lancet; 2:533–7.
21. Medina-Gomez G, Vidal-Puig A.(2009). Adipose tissue as a therapeutic target in obesity. Endocrinol Nutr; 56: 404-11.
22. Meyer AA, Kundt G, Lenschow U, Schuff-Werner P, Kienast W .(2006). Improvement of early vascular changes and cardiovascular risk factors in obese children after a six-month exercise program. J Am Coll Cardiol; 48:1865-70.
23. Mora S, Lee IM, Buring JE, Ridker PM .(2006). Association of physical activity and body mass index with novel and traditional cardiovascular biomarkers in women. JAMA; 295:1412-19.
24. Mutanen M, Freese R .(2001). Fats, lipids and bloodcoagulation. Curr Opin Lipidol; 12: 25-9.
25. Papandreou D, Mavromichalis I, Makedou A, et al .(2006). Total serum homocysteine, folate and vitamin B12 in a Greek school age population. Clin Nutr; 25(5): 797-802.
27. Ridker PM, Rifai N, Stampfer MJ and Hennekens CH.(2000). Plasma concentration of interleukin-6 and the risk of future myocardial infarction among apparently healthy men. Circulation;101(15):1767-72.
28. Sloan R, Shapiro A, Ronald E and Paula S .(2007). Exercise inflammation and heart disease risk. J Appl physiol; 103: 1007-1011.
29. Steensberg A, Van Hall G, Osada T, Sacchetti M, Saltin B, Klarlund Pedersen B .(2000). Production of interleukin-6 in contracting human skeletal muscles can account for the exercise induced increase in plasma interleukin-6. J Physiol; 529: 237-42.
30. Straczkowski M, Kowalska I, Dzienis-Straczkowska S, et al .(2001). Changes in tumor necrosis factor-alpha system and insulin sensitivity during an exercise training program in obese women with normal and impaired glucose tolerance. Eur J Endocrinol; 145(3): 273-280
31. Szymanski LM, Kessler CM, Fernhall B .(2005). Relationship of physical fitness, hormone replacement therapy, and hemostatic risk factors in postmenopausal women. J Appl Physiol; 98: 1341-8.
32. Vincent HK, Bourguignon C, Vincent KR .(2006). Resistance training lowers exercise-induced oxidative stress and homocysteine levels in overweight and obese older adults. Obesity (Silver Spring); 14: 1921-30.
33. Virtanen JK, Voutilainen S, Happonen P, et al .(2005). Serum homocysteine, folate and risk of stroke: Kuopio ischaemic heart disease risk factor (KIHD) study. Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil; 12(4): 369-75.
34. Wilhelmsen L, Svardsudd K, Korsan-Bengtsen K, Larsson B,Welin L, Tibblin G .(1984); Fibrinogen as a risk factor for stroke and MI. N Engl J Med; 311:501–5.
35. Ziccadi P, Nappo F, Giugliano G, Exposito K, Marfella R and . Cioffi M et al. (2002). Reduction of inflammatory cytokine concentrations and improvement of endothelial functions in obese women after weight loss over one year. Circulation, 105; PP:804-809.