عنوان مقاله [English]
The aim of this study was to model the structural equation modeling of the relationship between job stress and job performance of physical trainers in Mashhad city. The population included all physical trainers at the schools of Mashhad city. According to Morgan Table, 291 subjects were randomly selected as the sample. Patterson's (1993) Job Performance Questionnaire and HSE (1998) Job Stress Questionnaire were used to collect data. In order to determine the face and content validity and to make sure about the applicability of the questionnaires, the sport management professors' recommendations were used. In a pilot study on 30 physical trainers, reliability for the Questionnaires of Job Performance and Job Stress was achieved as 0.84 and 0.79 respectively. The research was descriptive and correlation type, carried out as the field. The data were analyzed by descriptive indexes and Kolmogorov-Smirnov test, Pearson correlation coefficient and regression analysis. The findings revealed a negative and significant relationship between job stress and job performance (r= -0.545, P≤0.001). There was a negative and significant relationship between these variables (lack of demand, lack of control, lack of support of managers and colleagues, lack of communications, ambiguity of role and organizational reforms) and job performance. The results showed that the variables including lack of demand, lack of control, lack of support of managers and organizational reforms could predict job performance. Also, the results of path analysis showed that job stress had a significant effect on the trainers’ job performance.
1. Gholizadeh M, Fani AA, Ahmadvand AM. Investigating the Impact of Leadership Styles on Job Satisfaction among Police Personnel. Police Human Development Quarterly. 2010;7(28):29-45. (In Persian)
2. Sarmad G. Human relations in educational organizations. Tehran: Samt Publication; 2006. (In Persian)
3. Rezaei Rad M. Stress in Police Organizations and ways to deal with it. Tehran: Police University of Naja; 2004. (In Persian)
4. Greenberg JS. Comprehensive stress management 1, editor. Tehran: Roshd Publication; 2009. (In Persian)
5. Abbas Zadeh MM, Ghalavandi H. Study of teachers 'attitude towards organizational climate and its relationship with the spirit of teachers in girls' high schools. New Educational Thoughts. 2005;1(2):89-110. (In Persian)
6. Ghasemi Nezhad A, Siyadat SA. The Relationship of Organizational Climate with Job Stress and Its Effects on Secondary School Teachers. Journal of Shahed University. 2004;11(8):55-64. (In Persian)
7. Shafiei Sarvestani F, Shoja'ati A. Investigating the Relationship between Job Stress Counseling Strategies and Job Satisfaction of Educational Area Advisors in Shiraz City. New Approach Quarterly in Educational Management. 2008;1(2):39-60. (In Persian)
8. Bani Hashemi SJ, Ahmadi SA. The Effect of Immunization Group Training on Occupational Stress in Lordegan Primary Teachers. Updates and research advice. 2001;4(16):63-71. (In Persian)
9. Hendrix AE, Acevedo EO, Hebert E. An examination of stress and burnout in certified athletic trainers at Division IA universities. Journal of athletic training. 2000;35(2):139.
10. Palomera R, Fernández-Berrocal P, Brackett MA. Emotional intelligence as a basic competency in pre-service teacher training: Some evidence. Electronic Journal of Research in Educational Psychology. 2008;6(15):437- 54.
11. Nelson DB, Low GR, Nelson K. The emotionally intelligent teacher: A transformative learning model. Manuscript Retrieved on December. 2005.
12. Sayeban Fard Z. Stress at work. Tadbir Magazine 2002:41. (In Persian)
13. Shirom A. Explaining vigor: On the antecedents and consequences of vigor as a positive affect at work. Positive organizational behavior. 2007:86-100.
14. Motowidlo SJ. Job performance. Handbook of psychology: Industrial and organizational psychology. 2003;12:39-53.
15. Ferris DL. "Core self-evaluations and the hierarchical model of approach/avoidance motivation. Ontario, Canada: University of Waterloo; 2008.
16. Shirom A. Vigor as a positive affect at work: Conceptualizing vigor, its relations with related constructs, and its antecedents and consequences. Review of General Psychology. 2011;15(1):50.
17. Shekarkan H, Nisi A, Na'ami A, Mehrabizadeh Honarmand M. Investigating the relationship between job satisfaction with civil behavior and job performance among employees of some Ahwaz factories. Journal of Educational Sciences and Psychology, Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz. 2001;3(8):1-22. (In Persian)
18. Mighani N. The Relationship between the amount of stress of job stress in managers and their performance in high school girls 2 Education in Tehran: Alzahra University; 2001. (In Persian)
19. Khosravi M. Study of job stressors in librarians working in library libraries of Tehran University of Science, Research and Technology from their point of view. Research project, Iranian Information Center and Scientific Documents. 2003:58. (In Persian)
20. Narimani M, Arianpour S. Investigating the relationship between mental health, self-efficacy and tolerance of ambiguity with sport performance in students. 2005:67. (In Persian)
21. Russell DW, Altmaier E, Van Velzen D. Job-related stress, social support, and burnout among classroom teachers. Journal of applied psychology. 1987;72(2):269.
22. Settles IH, Sellers RM, Damas Jr A. One role or two?: The function of psychological separation in role conflict. Journal of Applied Psychology. 2002;87(3):574.
23. Kyriacou C. Teacher stress: Directions for future research. Educational review. 2001;53(1):27-35.
24. Pflanz SE, Ogle AD. Job stress, depression, work performance, and perceptions of supervisors in military personnel. Military medicine. 2006;171(9):861-5.
25. Uline C, Tschannen-Moran M. The walls speak: The interplay of quality facilities, school climate, and student achievement. Journal of Educational Administration. 2008;46(1):55-73.
26. Tsai Y-J. A Study on the Relationships among Social Support, Job Satisfaction, and Job Performance: Take Civil Servants of Yunlin County as an Example. China2008.
27. Kazmi R, Amjad S, Khan D. Occupational stress and its effect on job performance. A case study of medical house officers of district Abbottabad. J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad. 2008;20(3):135-9.
28. Lee Y, Shin S. Job stress evaluation using response surface data mining. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics. 2010;40(4):379-85.
29. Imtiaz S, Ahmad S. Impact of stress on employee productivity, performance and turnover; an important managerial issue. International Review of Business Research Papers. 2009;5(4):468-77.
30. Jaleh S. How to Prevent Job Stress from Impacting Work, Performance, Interview with Psychotherapist Jay White. 2011.
31. Tseng Y. Study on job stress and job satisfaction of elementary school teachers in Kaohsiung City. China2010.
32. Hosseini Kohsari E. Look at the Qur'an for psychological stress. 1, editor. Tehran: Andisheh Publication; 2004.
33. Azad Marzabadi E, Gholami Fesharaki M. The validity and reliability of HSE job stress questionnaire. Journal of Behavioral Sciences. 2010;4(4):291-7. (In Persian)