عنوان مقاله [English]
Omentin is an adipokine that is primarily secreted from visceral adipose tissue and its metabolic function is enhancement of insulin with stimulated glucose transport. The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of eight weeks of moderate intensity interval training on omentin levels and insulin resistance index in obese girls. 18 female obese students (12-14 years old, BMI≥30) were voluntarily selected and randomly divided into experimental (n=9) and control (n=9) group. The training group performed 8 weeks of interval training for 8 weeks, 3 sessions each week, 20 minutes every session with 70-75% of target heart rate. Blood samples were collected 24 hours before the first training session and 48 hours after the last training session and after 12 hours of fasting. Data were analyzed by covariance analysis and significant level (P<0.05). The results showed a significant increase in the omentin in the experimental group compared with the control group and a significant increase in the maximum oxygen consumption and a significant reduction in weight and body mass index (P<0.05). Hence, moderate intensity interval training can be used as a non-pharmacological method that reduces weight and increases the maximum oxygen consumption in adolescent girls.
1. Tracey Bridger. Childhood obesity and cardiovascular disease. Paediatr child health; 2009 14(3):177-182. PMCID: PMC2690549.
2. Hajer GR, van Haeften TW, Visseren FL. Adipose tissue dysfunction in obesity, diabetes, and vascular diseases. Eur Heart J. 2008 Dec;29(24):2959-71. PubMed PMID: 18775919.
3. Kershaw EE, Flier JS. Adipose tissue as an endocrine organ. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004 Jun;89(6):2548-56. Review. PubMed PMID:15181022.
4. Tabatabaei-Malazy O, Larijani B. A review of the prevalence of obesity and its management in Iran. Iranian Journal of Diabetes and Metabolism. 2013; 12 (5) :357-374. (in Persian).
5. Urbanová M, Dostálová I, Trachta P, and et al. Serum concentrations and subcutaneous adipose tissue mRNA expression of omentin in morbid obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus: the effect of very-low-calorie diet, physical activity and laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy. Physiol Res. 2014;63(2):207-18. PubMed PMID: 24397804.
6. KatjaRabe, Michael Lehrke, Klaus G Parhofer& et al. Adipokines and Insulin Resistan. 2008 Nov-Dec; Molmed1 4 (11 - 12) 741 – 751. PMCID: PMC2582855.
7. Komiya T, Tanigawa Y, Hirohashi S. Cloning of the novel gene intelectin, which is expressed in intestinal paneth cells in mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998 Oct 29;251(3):759-62. PubMed PMID: 9790983.
8. Fain.J., Sacks, H., Buehrer.B., and et al. Identification of omentin mRNA in human epicedial adipose tissue: comparison to omentin in subcutaneous, internal mammary artery per adventitial and visceral abdominal depots. International Journal of Obesity. 2008; 32(5):810-815.
9. Yang RZ, Lee MJ, Hu H, Pray J, and et al. Identification of omentin as a novel depot-specific adipokine in human adipose tissue: possible role in modulating insulin action. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2006 Jun;290(6): E1253-61. PubMed PMID: 16531507.
10. Zhang Q, Zhu L, Zheng M, Fan C, Li Y, Zhang D, He Y, Yang H. Changes of serum omentin-1 levels in normal subjects, type 2 diabetes and type 2 diabetes with overweight and obesity in Chinese adults. Ann Endocrinol (Paris). 2014 Jul;75(3): -5. PubMed PMID: 24997770.
11. de Souza Batista CM, Yang RZ, Lee MJ, Glynn NM, Yu DZ, Pray J, Ndubuizu K, Patil S, Schwartz A, Kligman M, Fried SK, Gong DW, Shuldiner AR, Pollin TI, McLenithan JC. Omentin plasma levels and gene expression are decreased in obesity. Diabetes. 2007 Jun;56(6):1655-61. Epub 2007 Feb 28. PubMed PMID: 17329619.
12. Zhaoxia.W., Tomohiro.N. inFlammation, a Link between obesity and Cardiovascular Disease. Mediators Inflamm. 2010; PMCID: PMC2929614.
13. Tremblay A, Simoneau JA, Bouchard C. Impact of exercise intensity on body fitness and skeletal muscle metabolism. Metabolism. 1994 Jul;43(7):814-8. PubMed PMID: 8028502.
14. Hordern MD, Cooney LM, Beller EM, Prins JB, Marwick TH, Coombes JS. Determinants of changes in blood glucose response to short-term exercise training in patients with Type 2 diabetes. Clin Sci (Lond). 2008 Nov;115(9):273-81. PubMed PMID: 18254721.
15. Saremi A, Asghari M, Ghorbani A. Effects of aerobic training on serum omentin-1 and cardiometabolic risk factors in overweight and obese men. J Sports Sci. 2010 Jul;28(9):993-8. doi: 10.1080/02640414.2010.484070. PubMed PMID: 20544489.
16. Nasrabadi M, Mogharnasi M. Effect of rhythmic aerobic exercise on serum concentration of omentin-1 and same anthropometric markers in obese women. Iranian Journal of Diabetes and Metabolism. ijdld. 2017; 15 (3) :192-200. (in Persian).
17. Mogharnasi, M. Galdavi R. Effect of circular resistance training resistance and detraining on the plasma levels of omentin -1 and the body composition of overweight and obese female students. research in university sport journal. 2015; (8): 75-88. (in Persian).
18. Fathi, R. Mohammadi, S. Talebi-garakani, E. Roodbari, F. Alinejad, M. Acute and delayed response of aerobic training on omentin-1 plasma levels in diabetic rats. sport and biomotor science. 2011; 3(5) :45-55. (in Persian).
19. Faramarzi M, Banitalebi E, Nori S, Farzin S, Taghavian Z. Effects of rhythmic aerobic exercise plus core stability training on serum omentin, chemerin and vaspin levels and insulin resistance of overweight women. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2016 Apr;56(4):476-82. Epub 2015 Feb 5. PubMed PMID: 25651894.
20. Gibala MJ, Little JP, Macdonald MJ, Hawley JA. Physiological adaptations to low-volume, high-intensity interval training in health and disease. J Physiol. 2012 Mar 1;590(5):1077-84. doi: 10.1113/jphysiol.2011.224725. Epub 2012 Jan 30. Review. PubMed PMID: 22289907; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3381816.
21. Racil G, Ben Ounis O, Hammouda O, Kallel A, Zouhal H, Chamari K, Amri M. Effects of high vs. moderate exercise intensity during interval training on lipids and adiponectin levels in obese young females. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2013 Oct;113(10):2531-40. PubMed PMID: 23824463.
22. Cureton KJ, Sloniger MA, O'Bannon JP, Black DM, McCormack WP. A generalized equation for prediction of VO2peak from 1-mile run/walk performance. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1995 Mar;27(3):445-51. PubMed PMID: 7752874.
23. Fathi, R. Nazarali, P. Adabi, Z. Effect of 8 weeks resistance training on the levels of omentin and insulin resistance index in obese and overweight women. asp journals. 2014; 10(19): 104-113. doi: 10.22080/jaep.2014.822. (in Persian).
24. Aminilari Z, Daryanoosh F, Koshkie Jahromi M, Mohammadi M. The Effect of 12 Weeks Aerobic Exercise on the Apelin, Omentin and Glucose in Obese Older Women with Diabetes Type 2. J Arak Uni Med Sci. 2014; 17 (4) :1-10. (in Persian).
25. Zehsaz F, Farhangi N, Ghahramani M. The response of circulating omentin-1 concentration to 16-week exercise training in male children with obesity. Phys Sportsmed. 2016 Nov;44(4):355-361. PubMed PMID: 27737602.
26. Galdavi R, Mogharnasi M. The effect of two methods of endurance and resistance training on omentin-1 levels of plasma and factors related to obesity in overweight and obese girils in university of sistan and baluchestan. Iranian Journal of Diabetes and Metabolism. ijdld. 2016; 15 (2) :101-109. (in Persian).