1. Aydin S. Three new players in energy regulation: preptin, adropin and irisin. Peptides. 2014;56:94-110.
2. Mieda M, Sakurai T. 2 Overview of orexin/hypocretin system. Progress in brain research. 2012;198:5.
3. Wright D, Sutherland L. Exercise increases apelin expression in white adipose tissue: 646: May 27 3: 15 PM-3: 30 PM. Medicine & science in sports & exercise. 2009;41(5):38.
4. Kotz C, Nixon J, Butterick T, Perez‐Leighton C, Teske J, Billington C. Brain orexin promotes obesity resistance. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 2012;1264(1):72-86.
5. Sellayah D, Bharaj P, Sikder D. Orexin is required for brown adipose tissue development, differentiation, and function. Cell metabolism. 2011;14(4):478-90.
6. Yuan L-b, Dong H-l, Zhang H-P, Zhao R-n, Gong G, Chen X-m, et al. Neuroprotective effect of orexin-A is mediated by an increase of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 activity in rat. The Journal of the American Society of Anesthesiologists. 2011;114(2):340-54.
7. Xu N, Wang H, Fan L, Chen Q. Supraspinal administration of apelin-13 induces antinociception via the opioid receptor in mice. Peptides. 2009;30(6):1153-7.
8. Boucher J, Masri B, Daviaud D, Gesta S, Guigné C, Mazzucotelli A, et al. Apelin, a newly identified adipokine up-regulated by insulin and obesity. Endocrinology. 2005;146(4):1764-71.
9. Bertrand C, Valet P, Castan-Laurell I. Apelin and energy metabolism. Frontiers in physiology. 2015;6:115.
10. Park J-H, Shim H-M, Na A-Y, Bae J-H, Im S-S, Song D-K. Orexin A regulates plasma insulin and leptin levels in a time-dependent manner following a glucose load in mice. Diabetologia. 2015;58(7):1542-50.
11. Alizadeh AA, Rahmani-Nia F, Mohebbi H, Zakerkish M. Acute aerobic exercise and plasma levels of Orexin A, Insulin, Glucose, and Insulin resistance in males with Type 2 Diabetes. Jundishapur Journal of Health Sciences. 2016; 8(1):1-5.
12. Warburton DE, Bredin SS. Health benefits of physical activity: a systematic review of current systematic reviews. Current opinion in cardiology. 2017;32(5):541-56.
13. Humphreys BR, McLeod L, Ruseski JE. Physical activity and health outcomes: evidence from Canada. Health economics. 2014;23(1):33-54.
14. Zhang J, Ren CX, Qi YF, Lou LX, Chen L, Zhang LK, et al. Exercise training promotes expression of apelin and APJ of cardiovascular tissues in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Life sciences. 2006;79(12):1153-9.
15. Mahmoodi A, Dabidi Roshan V, Gharakhanlou R, Hedayati M. Effects of exercise and ferula gummosa on apelin of cardiac and kidney tissues in L-name induced hypertension in rats. Iranian J Health and Physical activity. 2013;4(2):42-50.
16. Heinonen M, Purhonen A, Miettinen P, Pääkkönen M, Pirinen E, Alhava E, et al. Apelin, orexin-A and leptin plasma levels in morbid obesity and effect of gastric banding. Regulatory peptides. 2005;130(1):7-13.
17. Maguire JJ, Kleinz MJ, Pitkin SL, Davenport AP. [Pyr1] Apelin-13 Identified as the Predominant Apelin Isoform in the Human Heart. Hypertension. 2009;54(3):598-604.
18. Helgerud J, Engen LC, Wisløff U, Hoff J. Aerobic endurance training improves soccer performance. Medicine & science in sports & exercise. 2001;33(11):1925-31.
19. Garber CE, Blissmer B, Deschenes MR, Franklin BA, Lamonte MJ, Lee I-M, et al. American College of Sports Medicine position stand. Quantity and quality of exercise for developing and maintaining cardiorespiratory, musculoskeletal, and neuromotor fitness in apparently healthy adults: guidance for prescribing exercise. Medicine and science in sports and exercise. 2011;43(7):1334-59.
20. Alizadeh AA, Rahmani-Nia F, Mohebbi H, Zakerkish M. Acute Aerobic Exercise and Plasma Levels of Orexin A, Insulin, Glucose, and Insulin Resistance in Males With Type 2 Diabetes. Jundishapur Journal of Health Sciences. 2016;8(1).
21. Messina G, Di Bernardo G, Viggiano A, De Luca V, Monda V, Messina A, et al. Exercise increases the level of plasma orexin A in humans. Journal of basic and clinical physiology and pharmacology. 2016;27(6):611-6.
22. Mohammadhassani F, Esfandiarinezhad A, asad Mr, Jafari A. The effects of endurance training and high intensity interval training on orexin-A and anthropometric parameters in obese adolescent boys. Journal of School of Public Health and Institute of Public Health Research. [Research]. 2015;13(1):99-112.
23. Than A, Cheng Y, Foh L-C, Leow MK-S, Lim SC, Chuah YJ, et al. Apelin inhibits adipogenesis and lipolysis through distinct molecular pathways. Molecular and cellular endocrinology. 2012;362(1):227-41.
24. Wang J, Osaka T, Inoue S. Orexin-A-sensitive site for energy expenditure localized in the arcuate nucleus of the hypothalamus. Brain research. 2003;971(1):128-34.
25. Ghafari M, Banitalebi E, Heidari A. Impact of High-Intensity Interval Training and Concurrent Strength-Endurance Training on the Levels of Some Adipokines Associated with Insulin Resistance in Women with Diabetes Mellitus. Health Research Journal. 2017;2(3):193-206.
26. Nikseresht M, Rajabi H, Nikseresht A. The effects of nonlinear resistance and aerobic interval training on serum levels of apelin and insulin resistance in middle-aged obese men. Tehran University Medical Journal. [Original Article]. 2015;73(5):375-83.
27. Krist J, Wieder K, Klöting N, Oberbach A, Kralisch S, Wiesner T, et al. Effects of weight loss and exercise on apelin serum concentrations and adipose tissue expression in human obesity. Obesity facts. 2013;6(1):57-69.
28. Higuchi K, Masaki T, Gotoh K, Chiba S, Katsuragi I, Tanaka K, et al. Apelin, an APJ receptor ligand, regulates body adiposity and favors the messenger ribonucleic acid expression of uncoupling proteins in mice. Endocrinology. 2007;148(6):2690-7.
29. Xu S, Tsao PS, Yue P. Apelin and insulin resistance: another arrow for the quiver? Journal of diabetes. 2011;3(3):225-31.
30. Ma W-Y, Yu T-Y, Wei J-N, Hung C-S, Lin M-S, Liao Y-J, et al. Plasma apelin: A novel biomarker for predicting diabetes. Clinica Chimica Acta. 2014;435:18-23.
31. Mittendorfer B, Horowitz JF, Klein S. Effect of gender on lipid kinetics during endurance exercise of moderate intensity in untrained subjects. American Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology And Metabolism. 2002;283(1):E58-E65.